Contract Psychotherapist / Counselor
Would you like to join a group of experienced therapists who will appreciate and respect your knowledge and expertise?
A practice where you can set your own schedule, either bringing your own clients and/or building your client base through referrals from our excellent reputation?
Do you seek independence and freedom from endless staff meetings, but don’t want the headaches of overhead, billing, credentialing, and dealing with insurance companies?
Santa Fe Supportive Therapy, LLC is always open to considering applications from independently licensed Masters/Doctorate level therapists to join our team as 1099 independent contractors.
Currently, the position is for Telehealth exclusively. We are interested in therapists who are willing to see 20-25 clients a week via remote Telehealth through a HIPAA compliant video platform.
We are looking for experienced therapists who have specialized training in CBT, LGBTQ+ (especially gender non-conforming population), couple’s counseling, trauma, family therapy, Brainspotting, EMDR, and/or other area of specialized focus.
- MUST be independently licensed by the State of New Mexico as a qualified mental health practitioner: LCSW, LPCC, LMFT, or licensed clinical psychologist (PhD). Criminal Record Clearance (CYFD, local, state, and FBI) required
- References and background check required
- Computer literate
- Available to see 20-25 clients a week
- Own a newer, reliable computer, have a high-speed internet connection, and have a private, confidential space in your house to conduct tele-mental health therapy sessions
- More than 5 years of independently licensed experience
- Current credentialing with BCBS, Presbyterian/Magellan, True Health NM, Medicaid
- Experience and interest in working with ages pre-teen and up (as education/specialty allows)
- Willingness to make some evening and weekend appointments available
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct ongoing outpatient mental health therapy/counseling with youth, teens, adults, couples, and families (as education/experience allows)
- Keep accurate and complete EHR records in a timely manner in our cloud-based practice management system
- Complete initial psychosocial assessment
- Complete initial treatment plan
- Update treatment plan
- Complete client discharges
You will fit right in at SFST if you:
- Are easy-going and love what you do
- Are confident in your clinical skills
- Approach all clients with unconditional positive regard
- Have done your own work with a therapist to keep your own mental health a priority
- Are detail and outcome oriented and focused on providing quality work (including documentation)
- Are dependable, reliable, and consistent
- Write and speak clearly and concisely
- Are comfortable working independently and autonomously while still following SFTS procedures and policies
- Enjoy a private practice environment: working independently while still engaging with colleagues for consultation and comradery
- Have experience using a computer to do your job and are not intimidated by new technology/software
The mission of Santa Fe Supportive Therapy, LLC is to bring healing, hope, and wholeness to kids, teens, adults, families, and couples in Northern New Mexico by providing supportive psychotherapy with compassionate consideration of each person’s unique background and situation. We strive to provide competent, culturally sensitive therapy to all local ethnicities as well as LGBTQ+ clients.
Please click HERE to submit your resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should detail your professional and personal experience and how it relates to this position’s responsibilities and desired qualifications.